At the cutting edge
All in one on the edge
AlsoEnergy offers a vertically integrated clean energy platform that includes PowerTrack, our cloud-based application for portfolio optimisation, and monitoring and Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) edge solutions, including weather sensors and meters.
Simplicity and dependability on the edge
Field tested and proven with GWhs of operation, AlsoEnergy’s edge solutions are built on industry-recognised technology to provide a reliable platform so new projects can efficiently be brought online and all energy stakeholders can achieve maximum value from assets. Our edge solutions are specifically designed to be easily integrated into the AlsoEnergy platform, enabling quick time to data so that new assets can achieve a faster commercial operation date (COD).
Solutions for every asset type
No matter what asset type you are installing or how stringent the requirement, AlsoEnergy offers customisable monitoring solutions and complete SCADA solutions for seamless procurement and simple installation. Additionally, our professional services team partners with you on system design, project management, commissioning and PowerTrack onboarding. See how our professional services can help you in your next project.
Meet any monitoring or SCADA requirement
With AlsoEnergy’s roots in monitoring and control, we offer a suite of fully customisable monitoring and advanced SCADA solutions that will meet the need of any clean energy asset.
Monitoring and optimisation solution
Four utility assets, our edge solution for remote monitoring and troubleshooting enables O&M optimisation and increased system uptime. This solution collects and logs information from various on-site hardware and securely transmits it to PowerTrack. Preconfigured to your specifications, our hardware enables fast, plug-and-play installation and is ready for both indoor and outdoor installation.
Supervisory control and data acquisition
Equipped with extensive control functionalities to provide grid stability and optimise energy and financial performance, our cost-effective Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) solutions for utility assets easily meet the complex needs of any asset and grid interconnection requirements. As an end-to-end, tailor-designed offering, our SCADA solutions support quick and easy configuration and installation.
Fully integratable with PowerTrack, our on-site SCADA solution provide remote operations centres with real-time monitoring and controls through the Igntion-based HMI, PowerTrack SCADA, to enable fast and efficient decision making to achieve increased energy yields and support grid stability. Further improving energy yields, AlsoEnergy developed an industry-leading, extensive control library for our SCADA solution that enables optimised and dynamic energy harvest. Customised development of controls for individual assets is available from our professional services team.
Power plant controller
AlsoEnergy’s certified power plant controller reduces operational risks by providing efficient monitoring and safe controls to prevent unexpected power curtailments from utility due to deviations of on-site conditions that potentially affect grid stability.
The main features of our power plant controller are as follows:
Complete set of controls for complying with the strictest grid codes, including:
- Active power controls:
- Absolute, frequency stabilisation
- Ramp up/down
- Reactive power controls:
- Absolute, voltage, power factor
- Ramp up/down
- Night mode
- Oscillation detection
- Passive compensation devices (choke, capacitor bank)
- Active compensation devices (STATCOM)
- Zero Net Export available
- Real-time controls (<1 second)
- Integration with grid operators
- Web-based user interface
- Redundant configuration available
- Certified solution for EU grid codes including Germany, Spain and Poland
- Active power controls:
Data logging and aggregation
- Plug-and-play optimization and monitoring solution with power supply, cellular modem, meter, network switch, and RGM integrated into a single enclosure
- Interactive LCD touchscreen display
- Local data storage
- Seamless compatibility with most OEM production and demand RGMs and MET station
- Zero-net export, maximum export, optional fixed power factor controls, and grid stability management
- Utility and ISO telemetry over DNP3 or Modbus
- Ignition-based HMI
- Remote and onsite monitoring, controls, and analysis of all power plant equipment
- Integrated cybersecurity
- Embedded IEC 61131 logic engine for custom programming
- PPC-mode change and custom input fields
- Built-in OPC-UA to connect any PLC
- Short and long-term data storage with automatic data recovery
Insights from the edge with reliable sensors and meters
Through PowerTrack and Ignition-based PowerTrack SCADA, AlsoEnergy’s edge solutions provide direct access to actual site conditions through integrated hardware, such as weather stations, meters and inverters, to measure and benchmark expected energy production. We offer utility-grade MET stations, weather sensors and RGMs, which can also be enhanced with high-fidelity, real-time and forecasted satellite weather data to provide expected energy calculations for regulatory requirements.
As part of our self-powered MET tower, which includes a UPS with local storage and dedicated data logger, AlsoEnergy offers the following weather sensors:
- Ambient and module temperature
- Wind speed and direction
- Humidity and barometric pressure
- Rain and snow depth
- Pyranometers, albedometers and pyrheliometers
- Soiling and reference cells